Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mr. Mick makes some picks


Hey all, Mickey here.

It looks like we're a day late and a carrot short around here, as always. It seems yesterday was a special day of sorts; on that day, three years ago, Mum started this foo' blog in order to let everyone know just what a spectacular rabbit I am ...and to tell people her rabbit stories and show off her rabbit stuff, but no one really reads all that.  

Because of this special day, we had a contest, and Mum was supposed to be announcing the winners of said contest yesterday. As you can see, nothing happened yesterday, and so I am forced as always to take matters into my own paws myself. Mum has no one but herself to blame for this, which is a sad thing, really (Frankly, I would love to blame The Boy for all this, but he's not around.)--she says she had a bit of a mental fogout, just couldn't get anything done on the computer. Of course we all know that's human-speak for "impending senility", but we'll let it slide just this once.



Apparently I was supposed to choose three winners for this contest by picking slips of paper out of a box or something like that. I told Mum I was doing nothing of the sort; why should I have to go to all that work when I can just get on the computer and use a random number thingie? (Besides, she wasn't giving me nearly enough compensation for the task. A few dozen treats was all I asked for--is that so hard to do?) 

Mum finally agreed, and so picks were made; there were 13 people in all who entered the contest, and I personally want to thank everyone who entered. It does my fuzzy heart good to know how much I am loved.

The winners of our Candle Giveaway are:

1. Juliet of Crafty Green Poet
2. Friend of the Animals of Life with Reno Rabbits
3. SixBunnies of ... (dangit, SixBunnies, you should have a blog!)

Congratulations! Please email Mum at jade@jademyst.com and let her know your mailing address so she can have your candle shipped to you. Also, please let her know what kind of candle you would like; the ones with the picture of me are Cotton Fields-scented, but there are other scents available as well as unscented--they just don't have my picture on them.

Now, it's time for my nap, so come back again another time--Mum still has to tell you all about our appearance at Petco this year...assuming she still remembers it...



16 comments:

Friend of the Animals said...

Thank you SO much for picking me Mick! You and your mum are the best.

Hef's Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I love the flop! Makes the sting of not winning melt away!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thank you so much Mickey, such a lovely prize! I hope you get extra treats for making this announcement so beautifully and being so cute in those photos

Karen M said...

Congratulations, everybun! Mickey is right. No, not about Jade's impending senility (that's part of raising kids), but about SixBunnies!

And Mickey, you sleep adorably.

Bunny-Hugging Volunteer said...

OMG Mr Mick you have the cutest of fluffy feets!

Annette Tait said...

yay! congratulations to the winners!!! such a beautiful candle :)
love Mr Mick, and Wes agrees with him about the low level of compensation for the very hard work involved!

RG said...

Whew - that was a full day work there Mick. Take a break. Oh .. I see, you are.

Lisa Alto said...

love that last photo! He looks bushed x

Lisa said...

Congrats on your blogoversity!! And on the candle label!!

Little Miss Titch said...

congrats to the winners,that was a lot of work Micky well done!

SixBunnies said...

OOOOH, My! I just saw this!!! Where HAVE I been???? I am so amazed! I will make that a goal of mine to start a blog! I will! You have inspired me! I was just getting ready to comment about Mick's Magnificent Dewlap, too! THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL WORK YOU DO FOR THE BUNNS AND FOR US BUNNY LOVERS! I just feel like I know all of you have good hearts and are such good people, and probably because of bunns!

SixBunnies said...

And, Mick ... you look like my kids when they were little and could fall asleep on the hard metal of a shopping cart! I have no idea how they could sleep there! Doesn't that hurt? I KNOW you have more comfy places to flop, DingDong!

bunnits said...

Squeeeeeeeee! I think I will die of cute overload. Congratulations all around!

Clovie Boy said...

I am coming up on my three years too! Congrats - love the flop!

RoadBunner said...

Congrats to all the winners! That is one blissed out bun in the last photo :)

SixBunnies said...

I received my candle this weekend and I was so excited I couldn't stand it! I didn't realize i was getting THE ACTUAL CANDLE WITH MR. MICK'S PICTURE ON IT! I STILL CAN'T STAND IT! I BROUGHT IT TO WORK WITH ME TODAY BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, YOU WONDERFUL SWEETHEART AND AMAZINGLY HANDSOME BUNNEH!!!