Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Hare Raising Tail

Catching up seems to have become my normal mode here, I swear...

Three weeks ago, Mr. Mick and I received the bestest package of goodies from our friends Annette and Wesley of The Leveret's Nest (and if you have never visited Annette's blog or her Etsy store, you should. Now.) :


Note: Blogger is giving me fits about uploading pics, so I had to load them to my personal webspace. If they don't show, please let me know.




This is part of what was under all the lovely wrapping: I had ordered a baby hare ornament from Annette, and she snuck in a few extras!




This package contained some of Annette's homemade hay cookies for Mr. Mick (how Wesley let you part with any of those, Annette, I don't know)




This is the oh-so-*squee* baby hare ornament I ordered and the card that came with him. (To see a larger version of this pic and read the story, go here.)




This is Baby Hare Kinglet, who decided to come along for the ride. Like all of Annette's hares, she comes with her own personal "tail", which you can read by clicking here: Kinglet's "Tail"



Annette also sent an assortment of the lovely cards she makes (which will probably never get sent to anyone because I cannot bear to part with them).



On top of all this wonderfulness? A new throne for His Majesty, handmade by Annette! Of course, I had to let the baby hares have a chance to play in it before Mick got his paws on it, because he never shares.


"Hmmmmm, what do we have here? Soft? Check. Nice comfy sides for resting my head? Check. Oh, yes, this is quite nice..."



"Now why can't YOU make something like this? Hmph...and what's all this about homemade cookies?!"



"Om nom nom...oh, yummmmmm,,,make sure you get the recipe from Annette for these, Mum...better yet, just tell her to keep 'em coming...oh man, that Wesley is a lucky bun..."

 Seriously, he gobbled those cookies down in nanoseconds--he probably would have eaten them all in one sitting if I had let him. Thank you so much, Annette and Wesley! Mick and I are working on repaying the kindness, but it's taking some time. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait...

12 comments:

RoadBunner said...

What a lovely bunch of goodies for both you and Mr. Mick. Love!

Susan said...

Wow, what a great goody package. Hope you have a great weekend! Susan

Clovie Boy said...

Annette is very talented. I love her ornaments and the rest of the goodies she sent. Lucky you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

What a lovely parcel of goodies!

Little Miss Titch said...

what wonderful lot of goodies,nice throne Mickey!

Christina said...

What a lovely bunch of prizes. Annette always spoils us so. I adore Mr. Mick's new bed.

Unknown said...

I am so awed by the creativity of rabbit people.

bunnits said...

Adorable!

That carrot fabric! I had some like it years and years and years ago (really, back in the '70's) that I made kitchen curtains out of for our very first apartment the first year we were married. Thanks for the memories.

Annette Tait said...

Jade glad to see the lagomorphs all went down well :)
and that his majesty approves of his throne!!
Wes has been counting his treats since that day, and he has a combination lock on the treat box now (to keep me out!!) heh heh

RG said...

Nice Score! Great photos.

PJ said...

Everything looks bunderful, it's like Christmas in August. Will have to look into the ornaments.

Lisa Alto said...

Annette's hares are precious! We have some in our tree every Christmas!