Sunday, August 1, 2010

Busy bunny outdoor weekend

It was absolutely beautiful here this weekend, which is a good thing because we had much entertaining to do. We had family over on Friday and friends over on Saturday. The weather was so nice that I was able to break out Mickey's exercise pen for the first time in a couple of months. I didn't have time to get it set up on Friday, but Saturday, I was able to set it up and get him in there a half-hour before company came.



Excuse the herky-jerkyness; I'm still getting used to the new Flip-cam.

He was the big hit of the picnic; everyone was asking questions and going over to his pen from time to time to pet his nose through the bars. He took it all in stride; bopped around and nibbled on clover here and there, then stretched out and lounged and watched all the people for a bit. When it got dark, I brought him back in so the bugs wouldn't get him; my guests were amazed that he would hop right into his carrier the minute I put it at the pen entrance.

I didn't bother taking the pen down until today so that I could bring Mickey out again for a bit this afternoon. It was clouding up and rain was in the forecast for later in the evening, but he got a couple more hours in there while I sat nearby and caught up on some reading, then I brought him back in and packed up the pen. It's supposed to get hot and humid again this week, so I was glad to get him some outdoors time, because I don't know when I'll get the chance to do it again.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It was nice and cool here too!

I find that when bunny goes public, he always gets a lot of attention. People are really curious about house rabbits, and to the average observer, it all seems quite novel.

When we stay at my parents', I would love to bring the pen down into the grass instead of letting them play on the deck for their exercise. But they use landscapers, and have no idea what the landscapers use on the grass.

RG said...

Mickey probably wonders why you are penned up and he is free to roam!!!

Jade said...

RG, he was probably glad that all the strange people couldn't get in; he would have been hugged and squeezed to death. ;)